[Development] Enable Exceptions for Windows CE as default

Olivier Goffart olivier at woboq.com
Thu May 10 17:13:19 CEST 2012

On Thursday 10 May 2012 07:10:51 lars.knoll at nokia.com wrote:
> On 5/10/12 4:20 AM, "ext Thiago Macieira" <thiago.macieira at intel.com>
>
> wrote:
> >On quarta-feira, 9 de maio de 2012 21.39.53, lars.knoll at nokia.com wrote:
> >> How about this then?
> >>
> >> https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,25788
> >>
> >> https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,25787
> >
> >Yes, something like that. I'm not sure we should do it on 5.0 though.
>
> At least as an option I'd like to have it for 5.0. But I can't see how it
> can break things given that QtCore has exceptions enabled. In addition, we
> disable them only when compiling Qt modules, not when compiling app code.
> So I would rather try it for the beta and see whether we get any feedback
> about issues with it.
>
> My only concern is whether enabling/disabling exceptions changes the ABI
> on any platform/compiler.

At least with GCC, this should be safe (provided applications don't let
exceptions go trough the Qt layer)

There is also QtConcrrent which is not part of QtCore anymore and has some
exception handling possibilities.

And I think -no-exception could stay to disable exception even in QtCore if
someone  still want to reduce the footprint

--
Olivier

Woboq - Qt services and support - http://woboq.com