[Development] UDS feedback
girish at forwardbias.in
Sat May 12 21:13:09 CEST 2012
Here's some comments that I collected from UDS last week. Quim,
Donald, Thiago and Adam might have more to add.
I have cc'ed Jonathan who was giving us a lot of the feedback, he
should be able to point us to the right people for further
1. Qt SDK vs Ubuntu repo install - Currently, Qt SDK is a separate
download from Nokia website. Ubuntu packages creator and Qt. This
could cause confusion as to which to choose. I think the decision made
here was that this is not entirely solvable since Qt SDK contains much
more than creator and Qt (it has the sysroots and toolchains required
for the devices). Is it possible for us to bundle sysroots and
toolchains separately? That way, ubuntu repos can be the definitive
place to download creator and qt.
2. Rename our qt5 tool binaries - the binary names of moc, uic, qmake
conflict in qt3 and qt4. Now with qt5, we will have another conflict.
Is it possible to rename all our tool binaries to be moc5, qmake5? Are
Qt4 qmake and Qt5 qmake completely compatible (I think not). Ossi,
3. Jonathan and Ubuntu packaging team will join the release mailing
list and work closely with us for the beta packaging. The list is
releasing at qt-project.org and you can join it here:
4. gerrit does not have a patch download system. For the moment, you
can use gitorious like
5. QPA plugins + packaging: One can install the wayland and xcb plugin
simultaneously. We need a mechanism to switch the QPA plugin globally
for all apps. One can use environment variables right now, but maybe
we should also pick up from qt.conf (if it doesn't already) ?
More information about the Development