[Development] UDS feedback

Sivan Greenberg sivan at omniqueue.com
Sat May 12 21:19:19 CEST 2012

On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 10:13 PM, Girish Ramakrishnan
<girish at forwardbias.in> wrote:
> 1. Qt SDK vs Ubuntu repo install - Currently, Qt SDK is a separate
> here was that this is not entirely solvable since Qt SDK contains much
> more than creator and Qt (it has the sysroots and toolchains required
> for the devices). Is it possible for us to bundle sysroots and
> toolchains separately? That way, ubuntu repos can be the definitive
> place to download creator and qt.

It'd propose to have an ubuntu package that downloads the latest
stable release of the Qt SDK bundle and install it to a user path
(e.g. I think the preferred way to work with Qt these days, as I learn
from other project like NodeJS . django and others, is not through sys
wide installations.) In any event that is what I always do and it
works best for multiple versions of Qt and the binaries , and I have a
bash script to switch envs. Perhaps we could create something like
Python's virtualenv for Qt?

> 5. QPA plugins + packaging: One can install the wayland and xcb plugin
> simultaneously. We need a mechanism to switch the QPA plugin globally
> for all apps. One can use environment variables right now, but maybe
> we should also pick up from qt.conf (if it doesn't already) ?

You mean, part of the Qt SDK installation or plain Qt from source installation?

-Sivan