[Development] How to submit an approved patch?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon May 14 16:15:28 CEST 2012

On segunda-feira, 14 de maio de 2012 09.11.20, Carl Schumann wrote:
> Qt developer community,
>
> I am a first timer at this process, but have now managed to get a change
> approved:
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/26041
> According to http://wiki.qt-project.org/Qt_Contribution_Guidelines I
> should now submit my patch.  I am looking for more detail on how to
> submit a patch please.  E.g., How do I tell if the branch and/or
> repository to which I am submitting has a CI system please?   How do I
> submit a patch to either the staging or target branch?   Is this
> something I do from the web interface?   Any guidance would be most
> appreciated.  Thanks in advance for any help.

The Gerrit UI has a deficiency that only approvers can click the Stage button.
And only the owner can click the De-stage button.

Usually, approvers let the contribution stay unstaged and let the original
contributor click the Stage button when he's ready. For non-approver
contributors, one approver has to click the button -- usually, the approver
can tell and will just do it for you.

In case the approver has forgotten, which seems to be your case, just ask that
it be staged. You can get the quickest turnaround time by asking on IRC, but
leaving a comment on the change is also fine.

I've now pressed the button for you.