[Development] QWindowSystemInterface::handleMouseEvent() relative or absolute?

Johannes Zellner johannes.zellner at nokia.com
Wed May 16 01:19:30 CEST 2012

Hi,

I am currently working on evdevmouse input fixes for the eglfs usecase.
During the testing I had two mice in parallel .
I saw that each mouse maintains its own position on the screen, because the
QWindowSystemInterface::handleMouseEvent() takes only absolute coordinates.
Wouldn't be relative coordinates better?

Its hard to fix the issue of multiple mouse input devices, because the
evdevmouse plugin itself could manage the coordinates and sync between
multiple devices handled by the same plugin, but if the pointer position is
manipulated by two different plugins we have a problem.

This might be already discussed but I could not find an answer, why we choose
to use absolute coordinates here.

Thanks,
Johannes