[Development] The place of QML

marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com
Fri May 18 08:29:48 CEST 2012

Sounds like marketing?

It might be a 'constant' in the grand scheme of big-O notations. However,
if the result is that you can only get 24 fps on low-end HW with large
power footprint vs. 60 fps with HW acceleration, lower power footprint and
leaving the main CPU to do more important tasks, what would you call the
former? That's right, outdated technology. Scene graph is very much based
on what todays graphics cards are optimized for, while QPainter.. well,
it's not. We have gone as far as we could with QPainter, and needed
something new to survive the next 5-10 years. It's not about marketing, I
assure you.

--
.marius