[Development] The place of QML

Donald Carr sirspudd at gmail.com
Fri May 18 23:40:07 CEST 2012

> Just look at what can be done on the Raspberry Pi with scene graph +
> wayland, and tell me you can do the same with QPainter + X11 through the
> Pi's main CPU!
>    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HItv4HX5r3k - Qt 5 and Wayland on the
> Raspberry Pi

This succinctly summarizes our sentiments; We can do things we could
not dream of before. We produce more, while drawing less. You can
claim this sounds like Marketing, but when we trot Qt 5 out the door
on this $35 dollar ARM11 computer and it runs better than your Qt 4
applications on a current generation desktop machine, you have to
realize we are not peddling snake oil :)

Cheers,
Donald

--
 °v°  Donald Carr

Cave canem, te necet lingendo
Chasing my own tail; hate to see me leave, love to watch me go