[Development] The place of QML

Donald Carr sirspudd at gmail.com
Fri May 18 23:26:20 CEST 2012

Wayland with shared memory:

http://qt-project.org/wiki/RaspberryPi

and you are golden. If you are seriously a QWS user, you are a
thousand times better off now than you ever were before, Qt/Embedded
has an order of magnitude more visibility/resources working on it now.
Qt for resource constrained embedded systems is the golden path.

We have removed the Qt monopoly which was in place in the QWS era. QWS
was no standard, it was our own piecemeal solution which filled a
void. This void thankfully no longer exists, and one does not have to
chose between X11 and oblivion.

Cheers,
Donald