[Development] The place of QML

Иван Комиссаров abbapoh at gmail.com
Tue May 22 18:28:03 CEST 2012

I want to ask a question. What's about c++ backend to QML? As i can see here, http://qt-project.org/forums/viewthread/16465/ people want it. No just because they are c++ fanboys (we all love c++, i think) and not because it is faster (it certainly is), but because some things can be implemented much easier in imperative programming style. For example, i want to easily create new components. Current qml syntax is really awful compared to "new MyCoolItem". Also, if UI has a lot of logic, it still easier to implement in c++ (in a form of a new item, maybe) rather then mixing item declarations with js code.
I have nothing against QML as a technology or a Scene Graph, but i would like to have a choice, like i have now - to use c++ or a designer.

And the other question - what about desktop components? When thay will be finished? Will they be ported not only for desktop? (for example, IOs "native" widgets) Right now, they are completely unusable, compared to widgets.