[Development] The place of QML

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Sat May 19 07:04:41 CEST 2012

> I thought the KDE dudes were already testing it against Qt 5. Anyone
> on this list in a position to comment as to the current state of
> things?

Well, we have been using Harmattan, Plasma Components and so forth for
experiments. QML and the component theory are way immature for using
this KDE wise. It would be just pointless to try to use this for
certain applications.

> In any case, KDE 5 should clearly not re-invent the wheel, and Qt 4 ->
> Qt 5 and not the same as Qt 3 -> Qt 4, which is the fear this kind of
> mail evokes.

There is no KDE 5. You may mean KDE Frameworks.

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp