[Development] License for Qt Desktop Components

Alberto Mardegan mardy at users.sourceforge.net
Sun May 20 16:43:41 CEST 2012

Hi,
  what is the license for Qt Desktop Components [0]?
The headers files don't seem to agree between each other: some are BSD,
some LGPL and carry this notice:

========
** No Commercial Usage
** This file contains pre-release code and may not be distributed.
** You may use this file in accordance with the terms and conditions
contained
** in the Technology Preview License Agreement accompanying this package.
**
========

I should contribute some new file soon, so I'd like to know :-)

Also (though this is probably off-topic), since this is a new project
and Nokia probably doesn't have any obligations with commercial
customers, wouldn't it make sense to remove the contribution agreement,
or at least not have the paragraph:

========
** Other Usage
** Alternatively, this file may be used in accordance with the terms and
** conditions contained in a signed written agreement between you and Nokia.
========

Ciao,
  Alberto

[0]: http://qt-project.org/wiki/QtDesktopComponents