[Development] Proposal: Change Qt Slogan

Alberto Mardegan mardy at users.sourceforge.net
Tue May 22 11:59:38 CEST 2012

On 05/22/2012 12:39 PM, Uwe Rathmann wrote:
> While Qt4 widgets were a full replacement of Qt3 widgets it is not clear
> when - or if ever - Qt components will be able to supersede widgets on
> all platforms.

I'm probably being quite naïve here, but I don't think that it's
impossible to have a nice set of QtQuick desktop components by the time
that Qt5 is released (even if as an add-on).

I'm following (and contributing to, in my free time) the Qt Desktop
Components project [0][1] and I find it already usable on Qt4 (I have to
confess that I've tried it only on Linux; I'm not sure how it works on
Mac and Windows).
If more applications and developers were using it, I'm confident that
the progress would be even faster.

Just try it, and file bugs. :-)

Ciao,
  Alberto