[Development] Proposal: Change Qt Slogan

Donald Carr sirspudd at gmail.com
Tue May 22 23:30:07 CEST 2012

Hey Lars,

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 9:45 AM,  <lars.knoll at nokia.com> wrote:
> On 5/22/12 11:39 AM, "ext Uwe Rathmann" <Uwe.Rathmann at tigertal.de> wrote:

<snip>

>>If I had a wish for Qt5 I would vote for a solution how to use widgets
>>and components in the same application.
>
> Currently this is possible, but only within different top level windows.
> Mixing within one top level is something thatI really would like to enable
> with Qt 5.1. Maybe it's possible to do this even as an add-on (a
> QQmlWidget class) if you're not afraid to hook into some of the private
> API of QtQuick.

<snip>

I know Girish was hacking around with this and got something
functional awfully rapidly:

https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,26312

He was just wondering how best to develop this, since it probably
should not be against qtbase.

I imagine many people will be rolling their own equivalents until this
movement stabilizes, centralizes in a certain repo.

Cheers,
Donald

--
 °v°  Donald Carr

Cave canem, te necet lingendo
Chasing my own tail; hate to see me leave, love to watch me go