[Development] Current qt5 version from git does not compile with VS2010

Rohan McGovern rohan.mcgovern at nokia.com
Wed May 23 00:31:15 CEST 2012

Helmut said:
> Some days ago I wrote:
> > a few days after the alpha release of qt5 the git version (with git pull qt5; perl init-repository -f) stopped to compile with Visual Studio 2010.
> > Compiling qqmlopenmetaobject.cpp results in this error:
> > d:\qt\qt5\qtdeclarative\include\qtqml\5.0.0\qtqml\private\../../../../../src/qml/qml/v8/qv8_p.h(42) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'private/v8.h': No such file or  directory
>
> I found what the problem was: I am using msys git which has problems with file permissions. After adding "git config-global core.filemode false" the checkout was ok.
> But I still cannot compile.
> I did in my qt5 clone (D:\Qt\qt5):
>  - git submodule foreach --recursive 'git clean -dffx' && git clean -dffx
>  - git pull
>  - perl init-repository -f
>  - configure -prefix %CD%\qtbase -confirm-license -opensource -make libs -nomake tests -nomake examples -no-incredibuild-xge -release -fast 1> configure.log 2>&1
>  - perl build 1>build.log 2>&1

Hi Helmut,

Would you like to try removing jom.exe from PATH and trying again?

There is a known build system issue
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-23376 which can cause
some errors of this nature. In theory, the "build" script already has
a workaround, but nmake may be worth a try for you.