[Development] New maintainer for QtSql and QtXmlPatterns

Juha.Vuolle at nokia.com Juha.Vuolle at nokia.com
Tue May 29 07:41:39 CEST 2012

I thought I'd unravel the mystery man a bit.

My Qt history is quite fresh. I started off in late '09 in Brisbane office.
Back then the active focus was on qtmobility project. As a first task
I started working in the bearer management.
Once the biggest fires were off I scratched the initial Service Framework
backend for Symbian. Then there was some shuffle and I hopped on board
in location - mapping, satellites - all the fun stuff.
Perhaps the biggest tasks in there were writing the location QML, and
also the jump from Qt4 -> Qt5 which imposed a
lot of changes to location (as it is after all a graphical lib). Maybe
there was a meego positioning backend too.
Anyhow late last year I gradually stepped down from QtLocation
(now a Qt5 module) as I switched the hemisphere with my family. Ever
since I've been still working with Qt as my main framework.

xmlpatterns, w00t?

XML and friends is a personal interest of mine.
My main traits for the task would be the personal interest, at least
few years of (full time) experience with Qt, and
highly quality-driven personality that simply loves to code (with Qt).

That's about it. I haven't done coding work for the xmlpatterns module internals,
and I'm very well aware its less ideal thing. But.

Juha