[Development] New maintainer for QtSql and QtXmlPatterns

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue May 22 13:05:29 CEST 2012

On terça-feira, 22 de maio de 2012 09.59.42, lars.knoll at nokia.com wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> Honglei has so far been the maintainer for QtSql and QtXmlPatterns. He is
> now leaving Nokia to start some studies and has told me that he can't
> continue to maintain the modules.
>
> I've been looking around for two new maintainers for these modules and
> found two people that I'd like to propose them here. Mark Brand for QtSql
> and Juha Vuolle for QtXmlPatterns.
>
> Mark has been doing many active contributions to QtSql over the last half
> a year. Juha might now have been as visible in the community (he's mainly
> been doing some contributions to qtlocation) but I know him for a very
> good and talented developer that can easily take over the module.
>
> I'd like to thank Honglei for the work he has done on the modules, and
> Mark and Juha for stepping up and volunteering to take over the
> maintainership.

I haven't seen much of Juha's contributions to be able to support him.

I have, however, seen Mark in this past half-year. This is one of those cases
when the maintainer is a natural choice. So I fully support Mark to become the
maintainer, if he wants it. Please remember that maintainership is not a
title, it's a responsibility towards the project, which will be greatly
appreciated.

$ git log --format=%ae --since=Oct.22 src/sql src/plugins/sqldrivers | sort |
uniq -c | sort -rn
     61 mabrand at mabrand.nl
      9 honglei.zhang at nokia.com
      4 newellm at blur.com