[Development] JIRA changes

shane.kearns at accenture.com shane.kearns at accenture.com
Tue May 29 12:42:47 CEST 2012

[snip]
> This builds a progressive enablement of system access.
> Anonymous - can see issues
> Users (Contributors) - can raise and comment on issues, see linked
> source code through Fisheye plugin and be assigned issues Current
> Assignee - can edit issues and progress them through the workflow
> Triager - can assign issues Engineer (Approver) - can do all the
> previous roles and some other specialized things like Watcher
> management.
> [couple of other roles not worth dwelling on at the moment]
>
> Some more detail on the criteria to become a Triager, the process
> involved, the communication mechanism used etc would be appreciated to
> complete enabling this capability.

I'd suggest nomination by an approver.
This covers both the elevation of a user (based on doing the work in JIRA comments but getting somebody else to press the workflow buttons), and delegation to a team member (for larger development teams e.g. in Nokia/Digia)

The responsibilities of a Triager are less than an Approver, so the nomination process shouldn't be more difficult.

Subject to local law, communications with Accenture and its affiliates including telephone calls and emails (including content), may be monitored by our systems for the purposes of security and the assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy.