[Development] QtScript vs Qml/QJsEngine ?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed May 30 16:57:07 CEST 2012

On quarta-feira, 30 de maio de 2012 15.11.18, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> QtScript was originally developed using its own JavaScript engine.

Add here, because Olivier's description skipped one or two years in history
between the sentences.

When it was originally developed, the QtScript engine was state-of-the-art and
was faster than almost any JavaScript implementation that we could get our
hands on, specifically Mozilla's SpiderMonkey and KDE / WebKit's KJS (they
hadn't diverged much yet). IIRC, the only areas where Roberto didn't manage to
get better performance was where Qt compatibility was required, for example in
the use of QString.