[Development] Qt5 Beta/Qt Quick 2.0 and Antialiasing

Thomas Senyk thomas.senyk at pelagicore.com
Tue Nov 6 18:47:43 CET 2012

On Tue, October 30, 2012 11:14:46 AM Labs, Torsten wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we created some prototype with Qt Quick 2 on a ARM board. Its running verry
> well except antialiasing. As i can see in the Qt5 Documentation there is a
> new flag for antialiasing *
> antialiasing<http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.0/qml-qtquick2-item.html#antial
> iasing-prop> : bool
>
> but this makes no difference. Is there still a bug?
>
> Thx
>
> Torsten

In general it's the duty of the platform plugin (I assume eglfs or
minimalegl?) to provide a native-surface which has multisampling.

The application-level API to request a multisample surface is:
http://doc-snapshot.qt-project.org/5.0/qsurfaceformat.html#setSamples

Then set the changed surfaceformat with:
http://doc-snapshot.qt-project.org/5.0/qwindow.html#setFormat

If it's still not working, you need to check what's going in the platform-
plugin
 - Is their a native egl/opengl-surface which has multisampling aviable?
 - Is the platform-plugin using it? why not?

Greets
Thomas