[Development] Module maintainer's explicit approval required for Qt 5 inclusion

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Oct 4 15:14:05 CEST 2012

Hello

In the release team, we looked at what we want to release with Qt 5 and came
to the conclusion we need explicit approval.

All the modules in the Qt Essentials package have approval by the Chief
Maintainer[*] to be released as Qt 5.0:
	all modules in the qtbase repository
	Qt Quick 1 and Qt Quick 2
	Qt WebKit
	QtHelp and the tools in qttools
Plus their dependencies:
	qtjsbackend (no public API)
	QtSvg
	QtScript & QtScriptTools
	QtXmlPatterns

If not listed above, the release team WILL NOT include the module in the final
release. We're probably building for the beta2 though.

To have any other module included in the release, the maintainer for that
module or the Chief Maintainer has to explicitly reply to this email saying
"yes, my code and API are ready so please release them in 5.0".

Modules not included in the 5.0 release can be released later, at a separate
time, when their maintainers decide the code is mature enough.

[*] Lars: that's the content of qtsdk.git today, the result of discussions in
the past weeks, so we took that as your implicit approval and starting point.