[Development] Git commit hook keywords

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sun Sep 16 10:23:54 CEST 2012

On domingo, 16 de setembro de 2012 07.56.36, Laszlo Papp wrote:
> <thiago.macieira at intel.com>wrote:
> > On domingo, 16 de setembro de 2012 04.54.19, Laszlo Papp wrote:
> > > 1) Documentation welcome about such things from a person who well
> > > understand those deeply.
> >
> > As far as I know, "Task-number:" is the keyword.
>
> It would be nice if someone skilled could document this precisely, and also
> other relevant keywords if there are any.

As far as I know, there aren't any. But only an admin with access to the
Gerrit config can say for sure.

In any case, this is why we have reviewers: so they can teach newcomers what
the policies are and how we do things. There will never be documentation for
every single little thing, there's a lot that is latent knowledge.

> > > 2) QTREVIEW-XXX may be worth considering.
> >
> > Can you explain why and what that is? And why is it not "QTREEVIEW"? And
> > why
> > do we need one for this class, not for other classes?
>
> 1) https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,34906
> 2) Click on Task-number:
> QTBUG-26551<http://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-26551>
>
> You will get to the right place. The idea is that you do not need to paste
> a hard coded url which has two drawbacks: it is hard coded, it is not
> clickable.

As I said, it's the "Task-number" that triggers the completion in the Gerrit
UI.

But that doesn't explain what QTREVIEW is, why it's misspelt and and why we
don't need the same for other classes.

> People now keep pasting the hard coded link in such situations as far as I
> see which is not clickable right away and hard coded. It would be nice if I
> could write something like "Review-number: QTREVIEW-31541" or something
> like that.

Paste the permalink of the Gerrit review or the Change-Id, or the bug ID with
"Task-number: " prepended, or a link to the mailing list archives. It doesn't
need to be a link anyway, just an identifier we can look up.