[Development] Urgent gerrit change for 5.1: closing the Qt Quick feature gap on the desktop

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Apr 1 17:05:17 CEST 2013

On segunda-feira, 1 de abril de 2013 13.22.57, Tvete Paul wrote:
> The missing feature, which was regrettably not picked up during the
> Components API review, has been part of Qt from the very beginning. To
> underline its importance, consider that it was added to Qt before
> fonts and text rendering.  I have therefore submitted the new
> component to gerrit, and hope the CI system will not cause
> too many problems. https://codereview.qt-project.org/52659

Hi Paul

Haven't you got the story mixed up? I know you were there in those days, but
from what I've been told, the LCD widget was added *because* Qt had no text
rendering and we needed a way to show the score in the tetris game. So yes, it
pre-dated text rendering, but there's a causal relationship.

In any case, I'm all for feature completeness and capturing the desktop
experience in QML. Therefore, I support this change. Yet, I have to insist
that we hear from Lars before accepting it.