[Development] 6 months & 2 Qt versions to solve a P1 bug ? Warning:Rant

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Aug 9 17:53:40 CEST 2013

On sexta-feira, 9 de agosto de 2013 13:15:34, Jordi Pujol wrote:
> Just a doubt, It's normal to have a P1 task
> ( https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-29716 ) from February
> 19th without a workaround nor a solution or patch ?

Yes.

Technically speaking, all P1s should be fixed by the next release they're
relevant for. So, given enough resources, your task should have been fixed by
5.1.0.

We don't have enough resources. At some point, it becomes more important to
release the fixes we already have than to spend more time trying to fix some
issues.

> Is hard to believe that a such important platform, with a big codebase
> of Qt based applications gets to little love from their maintainers...

That's a fallacy. In fact, it's a patently wrong and false statement. But,
since you said it's a rant, I'll take this as "opinion, not based on reality,
clouded by frustration".