[Development] [Feature Request] Websockets

Kurt Pattyn pattyn.kurt at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 10:17:21 CEST 2013

Well,

it is a fact that Qt has little to no native support for 'cloud' based client and server 'protocols', like REST, WebSockets, SOAP, aso. So, it would indeed be a nice addition to have support for the most popular 'protocols'.
Should we have something like a QNetworkAccessManager with pluggable protocols, or do we create a protocols module with just independent classes?
I prefer the latter but the classes should at least have some consistent API.