[Development] [Feature Request] Websockets

Denis Shienkov scapig2 at yandex.ru
Sat Aug 17 10:46:00 CEST 2013

Hi all.

 > I prefer the latter but the classes should at least have some
consistent API.

This concept it is possible to expand and enter the general base class
or pattern of Protocol (or something like Protocols framework, by
analogy with QStateMachine framework). This class (or set of classes)
shall be based on the ISO/OSI model and accept as the input parameter of
QIODevice.

Then each user will be able derive from this pattern and to create any
communications protocols, using some basic API / concept.

For example, it would be possible to create plug-ins and for industrial
Modbus, DNP3, IEC101-104 protocols, etc., and not just WebSockets, SOAP
and etc.

E.g. we can be take as base "Protocol Layer Design Pattern" :

http://www.eventhelix.com/realtimemantra/patterncatalog/protocol_layer.htm#.Ug835n_CcZ4

or something like....

Best regards,
Denis