[Development] Bug management and jira workflow

Mitch Curtis mitch.curtis at digia.com
Tue Jul 23 14:03:48 CEST 2013

It's good that this stuff is being discussed. :)

On 07/23/2013 01:25 PM, Jedrzej Nowacki wrote:

>   - Who can prioritize bugs?
>      - whoever ask
>      - we will create a special group in jira
>      - approvers should be in the group by default
>     Rationale: We do not have man power and we need help. We do not expect
> anyone to destroy our precious bugs reports or play “ping pong” with a
> priority.

However, I think that very few people will click the little "?" help
icon when assigning a priority to a bug they're creating. The reason I
say this is that most of the bugs created go without any markup (which
means code turns into a mess, text dumps aren't wrapped within a scroll
area, etc.), the help for which is available through that same "?" icon.
On the other hand, I doubt many users would be interested in requesting
these rights (and very few - hopefully none - of those would misuse it),
so it probably won't be an issue.

Regardless, if we're making changes to Jira, we could add a line of red
text under the priority field that shows up when a high priority is
selected, to inform the user that the priority they've selected has
certain criteria that the bug has to meet.