[Development] Implementing of a DNS feature under Windows [QTBUG-30166]

Mandeep Sandhu mandeepsandhu.chd at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 06:24:52 CEST 2013

Hi Sahne,

Thanks for the heads. Some comments inline...

Hi Mandeep,

> DnsQueryEx unfortunately requires Windows 8.

The MSDN doc link doesn't mention any specific OS version:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/hh447188(v=vs.85).aspx

But I could be missing something obvious as I haven't used MSDN/Win32 APIs
much.

Is there a different link for referring to non-win8 API documentation.
Google isn't helping much as its just showing the MSDN docs.

> So before using it, you'd need to check the library function exists.
> Then fall back on the older API if it doesn't.
>
> The MS support article you linked applies to windows 2000,XP and 2003
> server only.
> So you need to check the behaviour isn't deprecated on windows 7.

I've just managed to get a win7 (64 bit) setup working. I've compiled Qt
too on it. I'll test this behaviour out soon.

Thanks,
-mandeep