[Development] Implementing of a DNS feature under Windows [QTBUG-30166]

Chris W chrisw.qtdevel at psychogeeks.com
Tue Oct 1 06:40:51 CEST 2013

On 01/10/13 14:24, Mandeep Sandhu wrote:

> The MSDN doc link doesn't mention any specific OS version:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/hh447188(v=vs.85).aspx
> <http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/hh447188%28v=vs.85%29.aspx>
>
> But I could be missing something obvious as I haven't used MSDN/Win32
> APIs much.

At the bottom of the page under "Requirements"

Generally a page like DNSQueryEx will contain links (a See Also block)
to "lesser" functions from earlier incarnations of Windows. The "Ex"
suffix on the name is short for extended/expanded and there is usually a
non-Ex version with a longer history in Windows.

Regards,
Chris