[Development] Disabling exception support in QtCore?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Oct 2 18:32:12 CEST 2013

On quarta-feira, 2 de outubro de 2013 09:09:16, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> It is working. We even got bug report for some corner case where it did
> not,  and I fixed those. (so they are used)
> There is no test because you did not want to have one. But we could easily
> add  more auto tests. (It is really not that difficult)
> And it is "forbidden" only because you decided so, but it is not actually
> forbidden.

Circular definition. We agreed that it wasn't going to be supported, so I
didn't want a test for something that we were allowed to break.

We test the API contract, not the implementation.

if we change our agreement that certain exceptions are allowed, then the tests
for those conditions would be allowed.