[Development] Disabling exception support in QtCore?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Oct 1 23:22:06 CEST 2013

On terça-feira, 1 de outubro de 2013 19:31:05, Hausmann Simon wrote:
> Hmm question - certainly worth it for sjlj platforms like 32-bit ios.
>
> One thing I'd love to see is the ability to throw exceptions through
> meta-call invocations (would be useful for qml, which uses exceptions)

The rule is: do not let exceptions propagate through Qt code.

If you call qt_metacall directly (or, better, the static version), then the
code is compiled with exceptions if they were enabled by the user code. In
that case, it's safe to throw exceptions (provided that the class of the
return type is also exception-safe).

If you use the invokeMethod() machinery, it's not thread-safe today and not
meant to be.