[Development] Removing libudev dependency from binary packages?

Denis Shienkov scapig2 at yandex.ru
Mon Oct 21 17:18:42 CEST 2013

Hi Kai,

I can say only about the QtSerialPort.

The QtSerialPort module is used the libudev ((more precisely - the libudev devel is required !!!) as preferred way (for the QSerialPortInfo class) to detect a names and other info about present serial ports.

The support of libudev will detected in run-time by using the link_pkgconfig. In case libudev is disabled (or not found) then will be used a parsing in sysfs. But support of sysfs isn't up to the end implemented yet, therefore some devices (serial ports) may not be found.

Best regards,
Denis