[Development] Removing libudev dependency from binary packages?

Donald Carr sirspudd at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 07:45:52 CEST 2013

God dag,

I still don't follow the need for remove udev support:

http://packages.ubuntu.com/lucid/libudev-dev

There udev is as far back as Lucid. Where is it not present, exactly?

When you remove it from webkit, you remove joypad hotplug detection.
When you remove it from Qt, you remove the only generalized mechanism
for hot plugging USB devices on Linux systems. Are we doing this in
order to facilitate the same package being used from Ubuntu 13.10
through to Slackware 1.0?

Cheerio,
moi