[Development] Unable to debug with Remote inspector

Amogh Kudari amogh.kudari5 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 10:42:46 CEST 2013

Hi Jocelyn,

    Thanks for your inputs. and Sorry for the very late reply (was held up
with some other tasks) .
   I finally could figure out what was the issue.

  It was because the loading of the resources required for remote inspector
(WebKit.qrc and InspectorBackendStub.qrc) were   failing which WebKit
should take by itself ( I have built WebKit as Windows shared library).

  Now I am doing it explicitly in my application calling
Q_INIT_RESOURCE(WebKit) and    Q_INIT_RESOURCE(InspectorBackendStub) and
also by adding these resources in my application pro file.

Correct me if I am wrong here. I know that this is not the proper solution
as WebKit had to do this implicitly but when I searched for Q_INIT_RESOURCE
macro in WebKit Source code I could not find any.

I just wanted to know when does the resource loading happen in case of both
when WebKit is built as static library and as a shared library. And without
Q_INIT_RESOURCE  being called how does it load the resources, is there any
other way...

Thanks and Regards,
Amogh