[Development] Running qtbase auto tests on reference device.

Liang Qi cavendish.qi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 15:27:43 CEST 2013

Not sure how those auto tests work on android and ios these days.

But in Qt 4 with Symbian ages, we have a tool, runonphone, which could
deploy application and relative resources to devices and run it on device,
if I don't remember wrong.

https://github.com/qtproject/qt/tree/4.8/tools/runonphone

BTW, there is another tool for wince, cetest.

https://github.com/qtproject/qt/tree/4.8/tools/qtestlib/wince/cetest

And in mkspecs/features/testcase.prf file, you have a TESTRUNNER to control
how to run the tools like above runonphone. Then "make check" in tests/auto
is enough for you.

https://github.com/qtproject/qt/blob/4.8/mkspecs/features/testcase.prf

Regards,
Liang