[Development] #error for unreleased MSVC versions

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at digia.com
Thu Oct 24 16:51:16 CEST 2013

Here's an idea to blend this with the discussions about our 'Tier' platforms: We implement this as a configure check , and hard code checks for our 'supported' platforms there . We do that not only for MSVC, but for other compilers too (for instance for MinGW from Mingw.org ;).  Failing the check would bring a warning along the lines of:

"
You're trying to compile Qt with an unsupported toolchain/compiler. Qt might not compile, the generated binaries might be broken, or not be binary compatible with older builds.

Exiting. Pass --unsupported-toolchain to overwrite this check.
"

Regards

Kai