[Development] Removing libudev dependency from binary packages?

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Sun Oct 27 02:49:27 CET 2013

On Friday 25 October 2013, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On sexta-feira, 25 de outubro de 2013 16:01:11, Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
> > I think it is a bit too small to make into a qtlinuxextras library, and
> > could  we even depend on extras? I think qudev would fit best in qtbase
> > because udev is also used by evdev which is in qtbase.
>
> It's just one header that won't even be used in QtCore. Create it and keep
> a copy around.

The Joystick/gamepad detection at least would fit like a hand in a glove in
QDeviceDiscovery, it already has all the libudev logic, it just doesn't detect
the Joystick input types currently.

It wouldn't be impossible to imagine it also discovering serial-ports, seeing
that is also handles displays, though qtserialport seems to also read some
device and vendor names QDeviceDiscovery does not.

Regards
`Allan