[Development] QtLocation offline Navigation support

John Layt jlayt at kde.org
Mon Oct 28 12:53:53 CET 2013

On 25 October 2013 15:55, Ramakanthreddy Kesireddy
<Ramakanthreddy.Kesireddy at techmahindra.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please let me know if there is a plan to enable support for offline
> Navigation and Map in QtLocation module.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Ramakanth

Until QtLocation does offer offline maps and navigation, you may want
to consider Marble (http://marble.kde.org) which besides being a cool
mapping app also provides a pure-Qt library for online and offline
mapping and navigation.  It's currently only available for Qt4, but
patches for Qt5 support are currently under review so should be
available soon.

Cheers!

John.