[Development] Qt 4.8.6 Release Plans

Calogero Mauceri mauceri at actgate.com
Tue Oct 29 16:53:55 CET 2013

On 10/29/2013 4:47 PM, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On terça-feira, 29 de outubro de 2013 16:35:31, Calogero Mauceri wrote:
>> Related to problems with OS X 10.9, please consider fixing the following
>> bug with QDir::currentPath() returning root dir:
>>
>> https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-34300
>>
>> our application is no more running for customers having upgraded to
>> Mavericks.
> Thanks for pointing it out.
>
> Looks like Apple broke their OS. We may need a workaround or to document that
> applications on OS X 10.9 start with no working directory.

For some reasons QApplication::applicationDirPath() works properly on OS
X 10.9, but it returns the path to the app executable (the one inside
the app bundle). I'm wondering whether a similar implementation could
fix the issue for QDir::currentPath().

Calogero

--
Calogero Mauceri
Software Engineer

Applied Coherent Technology Corporation (ACT)
www.actgate.com