[Development] Qt 4.8.6 Release Plans

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Oct 29 19:24:32 CET 2013

On terça-feira, 29 de outubro de 2013 16:53:55, Calogero Mauceri wrote:
> For some reasons QApplication::applicationDirPath() works properly on OS
> X 10.9, but it returns the path to the app executable (the one inside
> the app bundle). I'm wondering whether a similar implementation could
> fix the issue for QDir::currentPath().

Please understand that the bug might be in your application.

QDir::currentPath() returns the *current* path, not the bundle executable
path. On older OS X versions, if it returned the bundle executable path, it
was a quirk and depended on Finder behaviour. Depending on that behaviour was
irresponsible, because we all know that Apple likes to change behaviour and
break things.

Now, is there something wrong with getcwd(3) on OS X 10.9? Can someone with
Mavericks test it? If it returns empty, then we conclude Apple broke their OS.
If it returns with error, what error is it?