[Development] Wayland app_id

Robin Burchell robin+qt at viroteck.net
Thu Aug 14 20:27:21 CEST 2014

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 8:15 PM, Pier Luigi <pierluigi.fiorini at gmail.com> wrote:
> This used to be the class in wl_shell_surface and I know the concept
> exists on X11 as well (WMCLASS if I recall).

WM_CLASS I think, but don't quote me, it's been a long, long time
since I've looked into anything X11 related.

... a quick grep+read on qtbase seems to support this theory.

> Now the question is: how can Qt applications set this app_id?
>
> Since app_id should be the same for all xdg surfaces I would propose
> adding an applicationIdentifier property to QGuiApplication.

Why do they have to? Just like WM_CLASS is an internal detail to the
xcb plugin, I'd imagine that this would be an internal detail in
QtWayland.

BR,
Robin