[Development] frozen tickets on bugreports.qt-project.org in qt-mobility and qt-components

Robin Burchell robin+qt at viroteck.net
Tue Jan 21 01:20:58 CET 2014

Hi Alan,

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 11:33 PM, Alan Ezust <alan.ezust at gmail.com> wrote:
> Meego is still a "supported" platform, with Jolla and all, right?

While we use a number of components that were part of or have their
roots in MeeGo, Sailfish is a rather different beast, particularly on
the UI level. Think of it as a distant cousin, rather than a direct
offspring. Sailfish uses Qt 5 & QtQuick 2 whereas on the Nokia N9, you
had a Qt 4 / QtQuick 1 stack. Sailfish does not use the components
referred to under QTCOMPONENTS. So I think it's fairly safe to
consider that retired.

BR,
Robin
(one of the Jolla folks, sometimes)