[Development] How does QML versioning work?

Sze Howe Koh szehowe.koh at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 01:51:18 CEST 2014

Hi all,

We have a very clearly defined policy on what changes are allowed new
versions of Qt:

- Patch release: Source & binary compatible bug fixes only
- Minor release: Source & binary compatible bug fixes and new features
- Major release: Incompatible changes allowed

What about QML modules? I couldn't find a similar policy outlined
anywhere; does one exist?

Also, where are the changelogs for each new version of a QML module?
(e.g. what's the difference between QtQuick 2.2 and QtQuick 2.3?)

Regards,
Sze-Howe