[Development] Qt open source license in product

Attila Csipa qt at csipa.in.rs
Wed Mar 5 10:31:41 CET 2014

Hi,

Disclaimer: IANAL

No, the LGPL does not require the release of *sources* of your
application. However, there are extra requirements to the *binaries*
(especially related to being able to replace the Qt libraries you're
providing). In general, if you're using Qt libs from a user accessible
directory/source, you're likely ok. This is especially tricky on mobile
- in my (IANAL) reading, Ministro is OK, but bundling the Qt libs within
apps is a grey area at best unless you take extra precautions regarding
the disclaimers/instructions.

Best regards,
Attila Csipa