[Development] Platform maintainers

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Sep 25 18:26:29 CEST 2014

On Thursday 25 September 2014 10:17:25 Knoll Lars wrote:
> Windows: Friedemann
> WinRT: Andrew Knight
> OS X: Morten
> Linux (X11): Jørgen Lind
> Linux (Wayland): Already covered by Andy Nichols
> iOS: Tor Arne
> Android: Bogdan
> Windows CE: Björn Breitmeyer
>
> QNX is open for the moment, I’d love to hear proposals.
>
> Most of the people above have been acting as a platform maintainer in
> practice, so this is mostly about formalising the responsibility and
> giving them proper recognition.

Agreed, most of them are already acting as Maintainers anyway, which is the
usual requirement for them to become Maintainers anyway. At the very least, I
can directly confirm Friedemann, Andrew, Tor Arne, Bogdan and Björn have done
that work, as I've sent a few patches their way for those platforms and they
were readily acted on. Moreover, I know Morten, Jørgen and Andy personally,
and a quick git log shows they've been active. (Wayland being the easiest,
since it's a separate repo: of the last 200 commits, 140 were reviewed by
Andy)

Therefore, I give my Maintainer +1 on all nominations.