[Development] QT 5.3 DirectFB port

Bobby Philip bobbyphilip at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 12:47:34 CEST 2015

Hi,
 I have been looking at how the DirectFB QPA platform inside QT works.
I have seen how inside QDirectFbIntegration::connectToDirectFb() the
DirectFB interface is initialised followed by the screen and input module.

On my platform atleast, when I create a widget, I see a QDirectbWindow
being created, and when it is set visble, a Flip is called for this surface.

What I havent understood, is how the output of a newly created surface is
blitted to the surface belonging to the layer belonging to the screen which
was inited earlier. I believe only when graphics is blitted to this surface
will it actually be seen.

Could someone point me to how this is done. I am working on a mips based
platform and newly porting QT5.3 to it.

Regards