[Development] P0 - DNS test zones gone - CI blocked

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Feb 19 10:17:57 CET 2015

On Wednesday 18 February 2015 21:29:38 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTWEBSITE-625
[snip]

Note that we will require source code changes due to the way NS records
operate.

I've uploaded https://codereview.qt-project.org/106693 for Qt 5.4 and this
change will have to make its way to 5.5 and dev before those other branches
get unblocked too. If we do that by normal, merge means, we can expect at
minimum 4 days until all branches get unblocked, due to problems in merging.

Therefore, as soon as it integrates in 5.4 showing that it works, I propose we
cherry-pick -x it to 5.5 and dev so we get unblocked faster.

I'm assuming we won't need more 5.4.1 integrations -- if we do, then this
change needs to go into that branch too.

For good measure, we should consider cherry-picking to 5.3 too but bypass the
CI.

We should also consider postponing the end of the 5.5-dev soft-merge period
and the release of the alpha.