[Development] Qt LTS & C++11 plans (CopperSpice)

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Jun 30 07:59:38 CEST 2015

On Monday 29 June 2015 22:51:25 Ansel Sermersheim wrote:
> I would like to clarify, we did not use anything from the Woboq blog
> posting as others have speculated. We had moc removed from CopperSpice
> a year earlier than the release of this blog. We are also not
> associated with the Trinity Project.

Out of curiosity:

You've removed moc, but what's your replacement for rcc?

> We would like to encourage developers to attend CPPCon to learn about

Maybe Meeting C++ will get better luck. Most of the Qt developers live in
Europe. I encourage you to submit your session there.

By the way, you're also welcome to discuss your ideas in this mailing list.
We're not against new C++ techniques, but we want to support existing
deployments, so we have to be a little more pragmatic on our choices.