[Development] Qt Speech in Qt 5.6

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer perezmeyer at gmail.com
Fri May 8 15:41:04 CEST 2015

On Friday 08 May 2015 14:59:22 Frederik Gladhorn wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to propose inclusion of QtSpeech in Qt 5.6.
>
> Currently the module implements text to speech on Lin/Win/OS X/Android and
> there is a patch for iOS which needs to be re-done but works as proof of
> concept.
> My only concern is currently the license of speech-dispatcher which is at
> the moment used on Linux. They just changed the license everywhere to LGPL,
> but this change has not yet been released. That means for the time being
> the module would be LGPL only on Linux, we are planning to look into
> alternative synthesizers though.

Any chance to ask upstream to release the code soon? If I'm not wrong that
would help the Qt project for releasing and we distros will not have much of a
problem with the old version.

--
Ud. está viendo a la persona que ven nuestros clientes.
 Leyenda pegada en el espejo de una empresa.

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/