[Development] Qt Speech in Qt 5.6

Jeremy Whiting jpwhiting at kde.org
Fri May 8 16:36:32 CEST 2015

Yes, Luke said in irc he will do a release of speech-dispatcher 0.8.3
this month.

I would definitely like to see QtSpeech in Qt 5.6. I do have a couple
of concerns, but they should be fixable.
1. The tests use timers to check functionality. This seems to be
broken in some cases and not reliable. I think we should only test
what can reliably be tested. I.e. set rate, check the rate we get back
is what we gave it, etc.
2. The android backend is very empty at the moment. I'm sure someone
that is knowledgeable in Qt on Android should be able to fill in the
missing bits pretty quickly, but that hasn't happened yet and ought to
get done before QtSpeech is added to 5.6.

thanks,
Jeremy