[Development] Future of Qt Quick 1 in Qt 5

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Sat May 9 16:35:20 CEST 2015

On Sat, May 9, 2015 at 3:47 PM, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com>
wrote:Why do people read "remove" as in "you need to stop using it now"?

> When we're saying "remove", we meant only that it's no longer included in
> the
> convenience big tarball and in the binary releases. If you still need it,
> there's still the source version of the last release, which works
> perfectly.
>
> There is no broken backwards compatibility promise and there are no reasons
> yet to go for Qt 6.

How do you know Qt WebKit from Qt 5.5 is going to work with QtCore from e.
g. Qt 5.7? IIUC, not being part of the release means it will not be tested
or even compiled/autotested by CI

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org